Message 1 of 1
08 Feb 18 22:02
Join Date: 08 Feb 2018
Posts To This List: 1
Application cannot obtain the information of monolithic driver's device fonts on Wind
1. Our own printer driver which is developed by using WDK (Windows Driver Kits
7.1.0), is known as monolithic driver.
2. In addition, I wrote sample application calls EnumFontFamiliesEx() in order
to confirm whether the sample application can obtain our own driver's device
fonts information both on Windows 32-bit and 64-bit?
+ On Windows 32-bits, sample application can obtain the information of our own
printer driver driver's device fonts successfully by using EnumFontFamiliesEx()
+ On Windows 64-bits, sample application cannot obtain the information of our
own printer driver driver's device fonts successfully by using
EnumFontFamiliesEx(). (against expected).
3. Our Monolithic printer dirver uses DrvQueryFont(),DrvQueryFontTree() function
which is called by GDI to get IFIMETRICS structure for a given font. However, we
found the difference between Windows 64-bits and 32-bits when reproducing
- On Windows 32-bits, DrvQueryFont() is called 140 times and DrvQueryFontTree()
is called 140 times
- On Windows 64-bits, DrvQueryFont() is called just 1 time, but
DrvQueryFontTree() is not called.
4. Above problem does not occur with Uni-driver (Mini Dirver) which is also
developed by using WDK 7.1.0