Driver Problems? Questions? Issues?
Put OSR's experience to work for you! Contact us for assistance with:
  • Creating the right design for your requirements
  • Reviewing your existing driver code
  • Analyzing driver reliability/performance issues
  • Custom training mixed with consulting and focused directly on your specific areas of interest/concern.
Check us out. OSR, the Windows driver experts.

Upcoming OSR Seminars:

Writing WDF Drivers I: Core Concepts, Nashua, NH 15-19 May, 2017
Writing WDF Drivers II: Advanced Implementation Tech., Nashua, NH 23-26 May, 2017
Kernel Debugging and Crash Analysis, Dulles, VA 26-30 June, 2017
Windows Internals & Software Driver Development, Nashua, NH 24-28 July, 2017


Go Back   OSR Online Lists > ntdev
Welcome, Guest
You must login to post to this list
  Message 1 of 6  
14 Jun 17 12:41
seetha rama sarma Jayanthy
xxxxxx@gmail.com
Join Date: 12 May 2014
Posts To This List: 154
WDK 8.1 installation link

Hi, I am trying to download WDK 8.1 but can not find the link anywhere. I found the link for WDK 8 but still my visual studio is complaining 8.1 related folder not found in "Program file(x86)\Windows kits\" folder. Anybody can please point me to WDK 8.1 installation link? J.S.R.Sarma. 9916109893. J.S.R.Sarma. 9916109893. --
  Message 2 of 6  
14 Jun 17 15:55
Mark Roddy
xxxxxx@gmail.com
Join Date: 25 Feb 2000
Posts To This List: 3985
WDK 8.1 installation link

Everything is more or less here: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/windows-driver-kit 8.1 WDK is this link on that page: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=393659 You need the 8.1 SDK as well. Mark Roddy On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 12:40 PM, jayanth sharma <xxxxx@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to download WDK 8.1 but can not find the link anywhere. > > I found the link for WDK 8 but still my visual studio is complaining 8.1 > related folder not found in "Program file(x86)\Windows kits\" folder. > > Anybody can please point me to WDK 8.1 installation link? > J.S.R.Sarma. > 9916109893. <...excess quoted lines suppressed...> --
  Message 3 of 6  
15 Jun 17 12:30
seetha rama sarma Jayanthy
xxxxxx@gmail.com
Join Date: 12 May 2014
Posts To This List: 154
WDK 8.1 installation link

Thanks Mark. I have installed WDK 8.1 and SDK for 8.1 as well. However visual studio is complaining about rcdll.dll when i try to open a resource file. May be the installation of SDK 8.1 is broken? I searched in C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1 folder for rcdll.dll but it is not found anywhere. I tried reinstalling the SDK multiple times but it is not helping. Any clues why rcdll.dll is not found ? J.S.R.Sarma. 9916109893. On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 1:24 AM, Mark Roddy <xxxxx@hollistech.com> wrote: > Everything is more or less here: https://developer. > microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/windows-driver-kit > 8.1 WDK is this link on that page: https://go.microsoft. > com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=393659 > You need the 8.1 SDK as well. > > > Mark Roddy > > On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 12:40 PM, jayanth sharma <xxxxx@gmail.com> <...excess quoted lines suppressed...> --
  Message 4 of 6  
15 Jun 17 12:58
Tim Roberts
xxxxxx@probo.com
Join Date: 28 Jan 2005
Posts To This List: 11562
WDK 8.1 installation link

jayanth sharma wrote: > > I have installed WDK 8.1 and SDK for 8.1 as well. However visual > studio is complaining about rcdll.dll when i try to open a resource file. > > May be the installation of SDK 8.1 is broken? I searched > in C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1 folder for rcdll.dll but it > is not found anywhere. > > I tried reinstalling the SDK multiple times but it is not helping. Any > clues why rcdll.dll is not found ? It should be in ...\bin\x86 and ...\bin\x64. The resource compiler (rc.exe) needs it. Hard to imagine a problem that would only target one file. -- Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
  Message 5 of 6  
15 Jun 17 14:49
Jakob Lichtenberg
xxxxxx@microsoft.com
Join Date: 15 Nov 2011
Posts To This List: 3
WDK 8.1 installation link

Jayanth For whatever it is worth I got rcdll.dll files in place in my installation for all my kits. > cd /d C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits >dir /s /b rcdll.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.15063.0\arm64\rcdll.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.15063.0\x64\rcdll.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.15063.0\x86\rcdll.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\arm64\rcdll.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x64\rcdll.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x86\rcdll.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\bin\x64\rcdll.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\bin\x86\rcdll.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\bin\x64\rcdll.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\bin\x86\rcdll.dll I am sorry, but I don’t know what is going on with your installation. -----Original Message----- From: xxxxx@lists.osr.com [mailto:xxxxx@lists.osr.com] On Behalf Of Tim Roberts Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:58 AM To: Windows System Software Devs Interest List <xxxxx@lists.osr.com> Subject: Re: [ntdev] WDK 8.1 installation link jayanth sharma wrote: > > I have installed WDK 8.1 and SDK for 8.1 as well. However visual > studio is complaining about rcdll.dll when i try to open a resource file. > > May be the installation of SDK 8.1 is broken? I searched in <...excess quoted lines suppressed...> It should be in ...\bin\x86 and ...\bin\x64. The resource compiler (rc.exe) needs it. Hard to imagine a problem that would only target one file. -- Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com<mailto:xxxxx@probo.com> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc. --- NTDEV is sponsored by OSR Visit the list online at: <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.osronline.co m%2Fshowlists.cfm%3Flist%3Dntdev&data=02%7C01%7Cjakobl%40microsoft.com%7Cc6b01798 d61543beb43f08d4b40fadf6%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C63633142681 5343824&sdata=k14CTm2IlpTzES5718mA3cL5tRXCHPWxDjKop%2Blo%2B1U%3D&reserved=0> MONTHLY seminars on crash dump analysis, WDF, Windows internals and software drivers! Details at <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.osr.com%2Fse minars&data=02%7C01%7Cjakobl%40microsoft.com%7Cc6b01798d61543beb43f08d4b40fadf6%7 C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636331426815343824&sdata=gUkbK4QA43iJ KQBNkqMgQnoWaXK9Wh0a0Lsg301Xza8%3D&reserved=0> To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.osronline.co m%2Fpage.cfm%3Fname%3DListServer&data=02%7C01%7Cjakobl%40microsoft.com%7Cc6b01798 d61543beb43f08d4b40fadf6%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C63633142681 5343824&sdata=UUiuxxH5HaaLZ9ZLdNENRr%2BiCdajTPnXHUAN0VQ5CQg%3D&reserved=0>
  Message 6 of 6  
15 Jun 17 18:43
Mark Roddy
xxxxxx@gmail.com
Join Date: 25 Feb 2000
Posts To This List: 3985
WDK 8.1 installation link

What version of visual studio is installed? Also, I'd try setting up a vm using your favorite hypervisor and creating a functional build system there, It is much easier to experiment, especially if you snapshot the thing at its clean pre-install anything state. Mark Roddy On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 12:30 PM, jayanth sharma <xxxxx@gmail.com> wrote: > Thanks Mark. > > I have installed WDK 8.1 and SDK for 8.1 as well. However visual studio is > complaining about rcdll.dll when i try to open a resource file. > > May be the installation of SDK 8.1 is broken? I searched in C:\Program > Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1 folder for rcdll.dll but it is not found > anywhere. > > I tried reinstalling the SDK multiple times but it is not helping. Any <...excess quoted lines suppressed...> --
Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You must login to OSR Online AND be a member of the ntdev list to be able to post.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37.


Copyright ©2015, OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc.
Based on vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2005, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Modified under license